Friday, March 29, 2013

Welcome!!

Wow....so, I'm doing it.  I'm starting a blog.  Some of you are saying, "again?".....hahaha, yes, again. But this time is different, I promise. 
This is a blog that is about being a Real Life Mom.  Not what you see on Facebook, Instagram....it's what happens behind the scenes.  The outtakes of photos; you know, the ones where your children are fighting, where you can see the unfolded laundry in the background, where you are still in your pajamas and haven't showered yet (and it's 3 in the afternoon).  Yes, a blog about reality.  So, be prepared.....here you will read how I don't like cooking and my children eat cereal in the morning instead of homemade waffles.   Aren't you tired of seeing all the hoopla and smiles that cause you to compare your type of mothering with another?
Here is a sneak peek of our family life:
1. I sleep in as long as possible before waking the kids up for school: the bus (yes, my kids ride the bus) comes at 8:35 and I typically wake them up at 7:45.  I wake up at 7:44. 
2. Sometimes they eat lunch at school....yup, I don't pack them lunch everyday and when I do, it's not organic.
3. On the weekends, my kids have more than 2 hours of "screen time".
4.  Piles of laundry overflow, and when they are washed, they most likely sit on the couch for days before being folded and put away.
5.  I let my kids dress themselves, resulting in my oldest daughter wearing basketball shorts and a t-shirt, my son will sometimes try to wear the same shirt 2 days in a row (if there's no stains, I don't care) and my youngest daughter, will wear purple star tights under green shorts, and a pink striped tutu dress over them both.
6. Sometimes we have cereal for dinner....well, more than sometimes, probably twice a week.
7. I don't require them to clean their rooms daily....or weekly for that matter.

Ok, before you call CPS on me here is some other information about our family life:

1. I volunteer in each of their classrooms once a week and serve on my daughter's preschool board.
2. Every night, my husband and I take turns cuddling each of the children until they fall asleep.
3. My husband and I attend (and help coach) EVERY basketball, football, ballet performance of theirs.
4.  Even if we have cereal for dinner, we all sit down together at the table and talk about our best and worst parts of our day.
5. Though they may dress like little crazies, they're clean. :)
6. We believe in saying "i love you" out of the blue,  & extra kisses and hugs for no reason.
7. We teach them what it means to love, be polite, support each other, respect others and that their feelings are valid.

If I haven't run you off by now, I think you'll like this blog. ;) Stay tuned, there will be more, though I can't promise one a day.....that's a high standard. haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment